STATE AND LOCAL TAX
DJP’s Tax attorneys advise clients on federal, state and local tax issues. We help our clients achieve their business objectives while minimizing tax costs and maximizing tax benefits. DJP’s tax attorneys advise individuals, pass-through entities and corporations in connection with starting a business, structuring operations, executing transactions, compliance and other tax matters.
Our tax group works closely with other tax professionals, including tax advisors and accountants (both external and client in-house).
We routinely represent clients in federal and state tax controversies, including federal tax court, appellate courts, tax matters in state court and before the Utah State Tax Commission and other administrative bodies. Our tax group specializes in federal and state income tax, sales tax, property tax and federal and state estate tax.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Choice of entity
- Debt and equity offerings
- Entity restructurings, recapitalizations and financings
- Complex partnership tax accounting and structuring
- Equity compensation and equity incentive plans
- Qualified and non-qualified stock options
- Excessive compensation limits under Section 162(m)
- Golden parachute rules under Section 280G
- Deferred compensation under Section 409A
- Tax accounting
- Tax exempt organizations
- Tax planning for family-owned businesses, including succession planning
- Real estate transactions including 1031 exchanges
- Private equity investment funds
- State and local tax planning
- State and local sales and property taxes
- State income and franchise taxes
- State insurance premiums and severance taxes
- Lobbying of state, city, and county legislative and administrative bodies
- IRS audits and appeals
- Federal Tax Court litigation
- Utah Tax Commission Administrative Hearings
No Attorneys Found
With more than 90 attorneys, Durham Jones & Pinegar is a leading law firm in Utah, offering a spectrum of services in various practice areas. These include Business & Finance, Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property, Estate Planning, Real Estate, Bankruptcy, Employment, Family Law and more. The firm was named No.1 in Utah for its business and transactions law practice by Super Lawyers.