Start-up & Early Stage Companies
DJP’s Start-Up and Early-Stage Companies team understands the unique challenges facing entrepreneurs in starting new businesses. Our attorneys are well positioned and enthusiastic in using their significant experience and expertise with early-state companies to assist you in meeting those challenges and evolving your ideas into a successful business opportunity.
We understand you wish to develop and grow ideas, seize opportunities, avoid risk and limit costs. We use our experience and understanding of how companies are formed, financed and grown to guide you through all the stages of development, combining our practical legal advice and our sound business judgment. We are experienced in delivering maximum effectiveness and efficiencies for entrepreneurial clients launching a new business venture.
Our team advises on all relevant issues, including choice-of-entity and tax structuring, finance, intellectual property, employee benefits, and company governance. Our interdisciplinary approach enables us to serve as strategic advisors through all stages of growth of an emerging company, helping the company’s founders attain their goals and seeing the company reach its optimal potential.
Given the unique needs of an emerging business, we provide tailored legal services including flat rate fees for several matters.
- Drafting the standard agreements, contracts and documents required to get your business up and running
- Advise on your business structure
- Assistance with formation
- Advice on non-disclosure agreements and other ways to protect your ideas
- Advice on intellectual property matters including copyrights, patents and licenses
- Advice on how to find and attract investors to your company
- Advice and preparation of financing documents
- Advice on securities laws
- Advice on employment policies, procedures and agreements
- Advice on creating and administering stock option and equity plans
- Guidance on tax considerations and issues
- Advice on company governance matters
- Assistance with the transactional aspects of the business
No Attorneys Found
With more than 90 attorneys, Durham Jones & Pinegar is a leading law firm in Utah, offering a spectrum of services in various practice areas. These include Business & Finance, Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property, Estate Planning, Real Estate, Bankruptcy, Employment, Family Law and more. The firm was named No.1 in Utah for its business and transactions law practice by Super Lawyers.