DJP’s Commercial Litigation attorneys are well recognized for obtaining results for our clients. We have tried cases successfully to verdict or judgment in federal and state courts in Utah, and in several other states. When we appear in a case, our opponents know they are facing an adversary with the experience and willingness to see the matter through to a successful conclusion. Everything we do is driven by a pragmatic philosophy of obtaining optimum results for our clients, while assisting them in evaluating litigation costs, benefits and risks. We believe that the best litigation results—whether achieved in the courtroom or at the bargaining table—occur where lawyer and client presume that we will try the case to its final conclusion. This trial-oriented approach is made possible by our successful team of experienced senior trial attorneys and our exceptional commitment to training young litigators. Many of our attorneys have worked as judicial clerks in trial and appellate courts throughout the United States.
- Contract enforcement and interpretation
- Corporate disputes, such as shareholder and partnership disputes, shareholder derivative actions, and actions for and against directors and officers
- Enforcement of trade secrets, trademarks, patents, copyrights and other intellectual property rights
- Disputes relating to noncompetition agreements and unfair competition
- Banking‑related disputes, including securities interpretation, receiverships and creditor priorities
- Disputes relating to allegations of securities fraud or commercial fraud
- Merger and Acquisition Litigation
- Construction disputes
- Product liability claims
- ERISA compliance and enforcement
- Employment disputes
- Disputes related to real property rights and title insurance coverage
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
With more than 90 attorneys, Durham Jones & Pinegar is a leading law firm in Utah offering a spectrum of services in various practice areas. These include Business & Finance, Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property, Estate Planning, Real Estate, Bankruptcy, Employment, Family Law and more. The firm was named No.1 in Utah for its business and transactions law practice by Super Lawyers.