DJP’s Immigration team represents businesses, educational institutions, foreign investors and other individuals with routine and complex legal matters related to United States immigration and nationality laws.
Our team helps clients secure temporary and permanent work visas and immigration status. We advise them about how to comply with immigration-related laws and defend them when they are enforcement targets. Our experienced attorneys know which visas are most suitable to meet client objectives and how to secure those in a timely, efficient manner. We are particularly skilled in securing temporary and permanent visas for foreign investors.
Our team works closely with other lawyers within DJP drawing on the skills and experience of lawyers in tax, finance, securities, antitrust, intellectual property, regulatory, employment, pension and benefits, real estate and other areas that may benefit our clients.
Although not every business, non-profit or educations institution has a foreign worker who needs a work visa, every enterprise in the United States must comply with federal and state immigration-related laws.
- Temporary work visas [E-3, H-1B, H-1B1 (Chile and Singapore), H-2A, H-2B, J-1, L-1A, L-1B, O, P, and TN]
- Permanent work visas in all of the employment-based “Green Card” categories
- Educational institutions [SEVP Certification]
- Foreign investors [temporary visas: E-1 and E-2; permanent visas: EB-5; and full range of related legal services provided by other DJP attorneys]
- Permanent visas in all of the family-based “Green Card” categories
- Temporary visas for foreign visitors [B1/B2 and ESTA], foreign students [F-1, M-1 and J-1], and other foreign individuals
- Form I-9 audits
- Employment eligibility verification policies and procedures
- Administrative and criminal enforcement actions
- Foreign adoptions
- Naturalization and other citizenship claims
- Representation of certain select individuals with Temporary Protected Status [TPS], Deferred Action, political asylum, Registry and removal defense
With more than 90 attorneys, Durham Jones & Pinegar is a leading law firm in Utah offering a spectrum of services in various practice areas. These include Business & Finance, Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property, Estate Planning, Real Estate, Bankruptcy, Employment, Family Law and more. The firm was named No.1 in Utah for its business and transactions law practice by Super Lawyers.