DJP’s experienced Healthcare team provides services in all areas of healthcare in the State of Utah.
Our team works closely with other lawyers within the firm drawing on the skills and experience of lawyers in tax, finance, securities, antitrust, intellectual property, regulatory, employment, pension and benefits, real estate and other areas that arise in healthcare cases.
We represent and provide support to health care professionals as follows:
- Licensure Matters with the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing (“DOPL”), including Application and Renewal; Negotiations of Disciplinary Actions; Defense at both Informal and Formal Administrative Hearings; and Assistance in Ensuring Compliance with Stipulation or Probationary Terms;
- Licensure Matters regarding Controlled Substances for all Professionals with DOPL and/or the Drug Enforcement Administration (“DEA”), including Application and Renewal; in addition to all related Issues;
- Privileging Matters with Hospitals for Physicians, Physician Assistants, and Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners, including Medical Staff Membership and Clinical Privileges Applications and Renewal; Defense at MEC Meetings and Fair Hearings; Negotiations to Avoid Employment Disciplinary Actions and/or Reach Agreed-to Separation terms;
- Medical Malpractice and Negligence Litigation, including the Defense of Health Care Individuals and Governmental Health Care Entities, at the State, Federal, and Appellate Level;
- Support for Professionals under the Utah Recovery Assistance Program (“URAP”) relating to Diversion;
- Panel Provider Applications, Renewals, and Appeals Related to Insurance Coverage;
- Patient Care Ombudsman in Bankruptcy Matters;
- Medicare and/or Medicaid Audits;
- Health Care Entity and Provider Contract Review; and,
- Training through Speaking Engagements on Various “Hot Button” Topics in the State.
No Attorneys Found
With more than 90 attorneys, Durham Jones & Pinegar is a leading law firm in Utah, offering a spectrum of services in various practice areas. These include Business & Finance, Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property, Estate Planning, Real Estate, Bankruptcy, Employment, Family Law and more. The firm was named No.1 in Utah for its business and transactions law practice by Super Lawyers.