Since its formation, DJP has developed a sophisticated corporate and finance practice, led by experienced attorneys who provide comprehensive representation to clients on both sides of financing transactions designed to assist ventures in all stages of development.
Utah has become a hotbed of entrepreneurial activity, attracting ever increasing involvement from venture capital firms and angel investors. DJP’s financing team utilizes its breadth of experience to represent early stage companies and investors in negotiating equity and debt financings to facilitate enterprise growth.
As ventures continue their growth curve, and pursue other means of raising capital, our team has the expertise to stick with them, assisting with public market financings, private equity transactions, syndicated and single-institution credit lines, acquisition financings, debt and quasi-debt vehicles and other financing options. Our attorneys are frequently involved in restructuring, recapitalization and work-out transactions, including the representation of creditors and debtors involving distressed assets and entities.
The DJP team has substantial experience structuring and closing complex financing transactions, as reflected in the following summary.
- Venture capital and other equity financings
- Debt, convertible debt and quasi-debt transactions
- Syndicated and single institution credit lines
- Public securities offerings
- Structured finance transactions
- Restructuring, recapitalization, work-out and bankruptcy strategies and transactions
- Going private transactions
- Leveraging intellectual property and other assets to generate capital
- Lease financing transactions
- Advising Boards of Directors on fiduciary duties relating to financing transactions
No Attorneys Found
With more than 90 attorneys, Durham Jones & Pinegar is a leading law firm in Utah offering a spectrum of services in various practice areas. These include Business & Finance, Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property, Estate Planning, Real Estate, Bankruptcy, Employment, Family Law and more. The firm was named No.1 in Utah for its business and transactions law practice by Super Lawyers.