Landon T. Laycock practices law in the firm’s Intellectual Property, Litigation, and Intellectual Property Litigation Sections at the Salt Lake City office. Mr. Laycock graduated from the J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University in 2019.
During law school, Mr. Laycock worked for a major intellectual property boutique in Washington D.C., Sterne Kessler Goldstein & Fox, where he performed legal research, prepared legal memoranda, and assisted with litigation strategy regarding various areas of law related to Intellectual Property, including litigation at the International Trade Commission as well as Hatch-Waxman (pharmaceutical) litigation. More recently, Landon worked as a summer associate at Durham Jones & Pinegar in the firm’s Intellectual Property Section, where he worked on a wide array of matters, including trademark oppositions, patent litigation, and patent and trademark prosecution.
While in law school, Landon earned awards for his oral and written advocacy skills while serving as president of the Moot Court Board of Advocates. He earned awards for his advocacy skills, including both best brief and runner-up best oralist in the Rex E. Lee Moot Court Competition. As a member of his Law School’s National Moot Court Team, Landon was also named regional champion in the National Appellate Advocacy Competition (2019).
- Co-Author, “Licensing Considerations After Impression Products v. Lexmark,” Bloomberg Law BNA’s Patent, Trademark & Copyright Journal, 2017
- Member, Utah State Bar
- Member, David K. Winder Intellectual Property Inn of Court
J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University – J.D. (2019)
- President, Moot Court Board of Advocates
- Regional Champion, National Appellate Advocacy Competition (2019)
- Member, National Moot Court Team
- Best Brief Award, Rex E. Lee Moot Court Competition
Brigham Young University – B.S., Bioinformatics (2016)
- Magna Cum Laude
- Minor, Computer Science (4.0 GPA)
United States District Court, District of Utah
- Law Clerk, Sterne Kessler Goldstein Fox, LLC (4/2017 – 8/2017)
- Spanish – Fluency in writing, speaking and presentation