Kimberly Baum’s practice focuses on a variety of litigation and corporate compliance related matters. Ms. Baum is an associate in the firm’s Lehi office.
Ms. Baum has experience in a range of complex commercial and civil litigation matters, including contract enforcement, tort claims, employment issues, alter ego and fraudulent transfer claims, construction defects, corporate ownership disputes, family law, appeals, temporary restraining orders/preliminary injunctions, and other related issues. Ms. Baum also works with a variety of businesses in assessing and ensuring compliance with various statutes and regulations for a range of industries, including multi-level marketing, education and self- improvement, and overgoods management and transportation.
Recently, Ms. Baum represented a company in successfully defending against multimillion-dollar claims for breach of contract and alter ego. Ms. Baum also obtained a judgment for her client for attorney’s fees as a prevailing party in the case.
- In spring 2016, Kelly Nash and Kimberly Baum successfully obtained a TRO and Preliminary Injunction in Utah’s Third District Court for a large insurance/finance company precluding Defendants from raiding its marketing representatives throughout the US, which has caused in excess of a million in lost sales to the client. Later that fall, Kelly and Kimberly concluded a declaratory judgment bench trial based on the live testimony of five and the proffered testimony of three witnesses on behalf of a large insurance agency, which resulted in a favorable settlement establishing terms of a non-compete agreement.
- Member, Utah State Bar
- Utah County Chair, Women Lawyers of Utah
University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law – J.D. (2013)
- Graduated with High Honors
- Leary Scholar
- Article Editor, Utah Law Review (2012-2013)
- West Virginia Energy and Sustainability Moot Court (2013)
Brigham Young University – B.A., History (2010)
- Law Clerk, Utah State Fourth District Court (2013)