Mr. Pinegar is a co-founder of the firm and is on its Board of Directors. Mr. Pinegar is a nationally recognized leading attorney and a member of the firm’s Business & Finance Section, with extensive experience in the securities and corporate governance fields. He has represented public and private issuers in securities offerings, mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs and joint ventures.
Mr. Pinegar counsels clients on a broad range of corporate, securities and business-related matters, including directors’ duties and responsibilities and other aspects of corporate governance, disclosure issues, corporate compliance matters and internal investigations.
Mr. Pinegar also advises boards, independent directors and special committees of directors in routine matters and in crisis situations and where the satisfaction of their fiduciary duties is subject to particular scrutiny. Those clients are involved in a variety of industries, including health care, information technology, construction, resort ownership and management, communications, security, and direct sales.
Mr. Pinegar advises executive management, boards of directors and board committees regarding disclosure compliance under federal securities laws as well as the changing corporate governance environment and current and prospective governance requirements and attitudes (including under Sarbanes-Oxley, SEC rules, NYSE/NASDAQ rules and state law).
- Author in trade journals on U.S. and international legal matters
- Doing Business in North America, co-author (ed., Kluwer)
- The Export Trading Company Act of 1982, International Business Lawyer, London, November 1983
- UK Data Protection Bill: Data Protection under the European Convention, 5 Business Law Review, London, January 1984
- Privacy Protection Acts: Privacy Protection or Economic Protectionism? International Business Lawyer, London, April 1984
- International Securities Law and Regulation, co-author (ed., D. Campbell & R. Solomon), Transactional Publishers, Inc., New York (2000)
- Lecturer to International Bar Association; government, education and international trade groups on international and U.S. securities laws
- Member, American Bar Association
- Board of Trustees, Economic Development Corporation of Utah (2011-2014)
- Board of Governors, Salt Lake City Chamber of Commerce (2007-2011)
- Board of Trustees, Alumni Board, J. Reuben Clark Law School (2000-2003)
- Officer & Director, World Trade Association of Utah (1989–1994)
- Officer, International Section, Utah State Bar (1984–1989)
- Adjunct Professor, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School – J.D. (1982)
Brigham Young University – B.A., Humanities (1979)
United States Supreme Court