Mr. Hinckley practices in the firm’s Business & Finance section, focusing primarily on complex business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, private securities offerings, and venture capital transactions. He also advises start up and emerging growth companies in all aspects of corporate governance.
- Represented Lignetics, Inc., a portfolio company of Taglich Private Equity, LLC, in acquisition of New England Wood Pellet, LLC, with manufacturing plants in Jaffrey, New Hampshire; Schuyler, New York; Deposit, New York; and Youngsville, Pennsylvania, and related senior syndicated credit financing lead by Texas Capital Bank, subordinated debt financing from Gladstone Capital Corporation, and equity investment from Mill Road Capital (February 2018)
- Represented Acushnet Holdings Corp. (NYSE:GOLF), a leader in performance-driven golf products and steward of the Titleist and FootJoy brands, in its acquisition of Links & Kings, a Utah-based company that engaged in the design and handcrafted production of luxury leather golf and lifestyle products (January 2018)
- Represented the founder and owner of Executech, a leading managed IT services company providing enterprise-quality IT support to small- and medium-sized clients throughout the Intermountain West, in an investment in Executech by Evergreen Services Group, an affiliate of Alpine Investors VI, LP, a private equity fund managed by Alpine Investors of San Francisco, CA (January 2018)
- Represented medical supplements company in $30 million sale to strategic purchaser.
- Represented human resources software company in $12 million sale to strategic purchaser.
- Represented publicly traded company in multiple preferred stock offering funding rounds.
- Represented franchise retail seller in $78 million sale to strategic purchaser.
- Represented hardware security company in $3 million sale to private equity firm.
- Represented SaaS company in preferred stock offering.
- Represented real estate developer in preferred equity offering.
- Represented long-term care facility in $12 million sale to strategic purchaser.
- Represented SaaS company in $70 million preferred stock offering.
- Represented consumer products manufacturer in $2.5 million Series A private offering.
- Represented medical device company in multiple debt and equity financing transactions.
- Represented solar project finance company in private placement offering.
- Represented consumer products company in its $10 million sale to a strategic purchaser.
- Represented enterprise software company in $5 million Series A transaction.
- Represented mining software company in its $5.5 million sale to a strategic purchaser.
- Represented software company in $1.3 million seed investment transaction.
- Represented corporate leadership training company in its $200 million sale to a private equity firm.
- Represented document storage company in dozens of asset and equity acquisition transactions ranging in value from $100,000 to $90 million.
- Utah State Bar
University of Kansas School of Law – J.D. (2011)
- Symposium Editor, Kansas Law Review
Brigham Young University – B.A. (2008)
- Associate, Jones Waldo (2011 – 2016)