David G. Angerbauer is a shareholder in the firm’s Business and Finance section. Mr. Angerbauer has extensive experience representing highly-visible, highly-regulated clients, including Porsche, Medtronic, EnergySolutions, Tesla and First Interstate BancSystem. He is effective in developing and executing strategic objectives with senior executives to drive enterprise growth, improve operating performance and maximize shareholder value.
Having served as General Counsel and Chief Administrative Officer of a multinational NYSE-listed public company, as well as General Counsel and Managing Partner of an early-stage investment and consulting firm, Mr. Angerbauer has a unique perspective and understanding of how clients expect counsel to assist in developing creative and pragmatic solutions to their complex and challenging legal and business matters. Mr. Angerbauer regularly advises general counsel and legal department professionals on a wide range of issues, including how to reduce and manage outside legal expenses while developing cost-effective internal resources. Mr. Angerbauer also acts as outside general counsel for emerging-growth companies without in-house legal staff to identify cost-efficient legal alternatives and to resolve issues necessary for continued growth, future funding and liquidity event transactions.
Mr. Angerbauer’s practice focuses on securities law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate law, private funds and commercial transactions, including international expansion of U.S. companies. He counsels publicly-traded companies, management and directors regarding SEC compliance, periodic reporting, corporate governance, insider trading, IPO and capital market transactions, anti-bribery, restructuring, equity compensation plans and risk oversight. Mr. Angerbauer’s expertise in the public markets enables him to provide long-term, strategic counseling to start-ups and emerging-growth companies regarding seed and angel investment, crowdfunding, venture capital, private equity, and related SAFE, debt, convertible and hybrid financings.
Mr. Angerbauer also represents investment advisers serving retail customers and private fund clients regarding SEC compliance and examination matters. He advises on private fund formations and financings, including real estate funds, private equity funds and opportunity funds investing in qualified opportunity zone businesses and properties.
For over 30 years, Mr. Angerbauer has provided representation for public and private clients in the life science, energy, real estate, consumer products, medical device, information technology, software, finance, healthcare, communications, manufacturing, banking, natural resources, direct sales, pharmaceutical and transportation industries. This representation includes marketing, purchasing, licensing, joint venture and distribution agreements, government contracting and other commercial agreements for international and domestic business transactions.
Mr. Angerbauer is an active member of the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), and serves on the Board of the Utah Chapter of the NACD. He is a member of the Utah and New York State Bar Associations. He previously served on the Board of Trustees of the University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law, and is a past Chairman and President of the MountainWest Capital Network and a past President of the Business Law Section of the Utah State Bar.
Angerbauer, David G. (2019, Jan. 21-27). Opportunity zones and opportunity funds in Utah. The Enterprise, p. 10.
- National Association of Corporate Directors – Member (2014-present), Board Member NACD Utah Chapter (2016-present)
- Member, New York State Bar Association (2011-present)
- Member, Utah State Bar Association (1986-present)
- Board of Trustees, University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law (2005-2008)
- MountainWest Capital Network – Chairman (2001-2003), Vice Chairman (1999-2000), President (1997-1998), Vice President (1995-1996)
- President, National Association of Stock Plan Professionals, Utah Chapter (1993-1996)
- President of Business Law Section, Utah State Bar (1993-1994)
University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law – J.D. (1986)
- Order of the Coif
- William H. Leary Scholar
University of Utah, David Eccles Graduate School of Business – MBA (1986)
- Gertrude T. Peterson Scholarship
University of Utah – B.A. Finance, magna cum laude (1982)
- Emphasis in Japanese and Chinese Languages
- Mortar Board President
- Beehive Honor Society
- General Counsel and Managing Partner, Sunrise Renewable Energy Partners, LLC (2012-2016)
- General Counsel, Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer and Corporate Secretary, EnergySolutions, Inc. (2011-2012)
- Partner, Holland & Hart LLP (1995-2011)
- Partner and Associate, Parr Brown Gee & Loveless (1987-1995)
- Associate, Fox Edwards Gardiner & Brown (1986-1987)