Doug loves to help his clients solve problems and achieve their objectives. Large or small, when problems arise for Doug’s clients, they are important to them and therefore important to him.
Every client’s situation is different, and Doug works to ensure that the planning he does for them fits the client, as opposed to trying to fit the client to a particular solution or technique. Doug takes pride in solving problems before they arise and, when they do arise, in solving them in an honest, fair, competent, timely and cost-effective manner.
As Doug has helped clients plan for or respond to business opportunities, incapacity, family problems, economic challenges, retirement and death, they have been able to save a great deal of money, minimize or eliminate taxes, avoid painful disputes and preserve and even heal family and business relationships.
Douglas A. Taggart is of counsel with the firm, and is a former member of its Board of Directors, chairman of its Estate Planning Section, and managing attorney of its Ogden, Utah office. He has experience in sophisticated tax and estate planning, and business and real estate transactions.
- Utah State Bar Estate Planning Section (member 1982-present, Executive Committee 1963-1987)
- Estate Planning Council of Weber/Davis (Member 2002-present, Founding Director, 2002–2007; Chair, 2002–2003)
- Member, Weber County Bar Association
- Utah Boys State (pro bono legal counsel 1997–present)
- Red Cross of Utah, Ogden Chapter Development Committee (1999–2000)
- Rex E. Lee American Inn of Court (Master of the Bench; Secretary-Treasurer, 1997–1998)
- Ogden School Foundation (pro bono legal counsel, 1992–present; Director, 1992–1998; President, 1996–1997)
- Primary Children’s Medical Center Planned Gifts Committee (1990–1992)
- Member, Editorial Board, Utah Bar Journal (1988–1990)
- Utah State Bar Legislative Affairs Committee (1988–1990)
- Utah Life Convention (1988–1989; President, 1989)
- Boy Scouts of America (Director, Lake Bonneville Council, 1986–1988)
- Utah Trails Council (Officer and Director 1983-1986)
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School – J.D., cum laude (1978)
- Managing Student Editor, Utah Bar Journal
- Brigham Young University – B.S., Accounting, summa cum laude (1975)
All State and Federal Courts in Utah
United States Tax Court