Peter H. Donaldson
Mr. Donaldson’s practice is concentrated in a broad range of commercial litigation matters, including representing clients in state and federal courts, mediation and arbitration, and all levels of appeals. He has experience representing clients in technology, construction, real property, class action, securities, corporate, employment, healthcare, insurance, franchising, intellectual property, and a wide variety of contract matters. Mr. Donaldson regularly collaborates with attorneys in diverse practice areas to deliver comprehensive quality legal services to Firm clients. Mr. Donaldson currently serves as the Chairman of D|J|P's Recruiting Committee, and he has assisted in coordinating the Firm’s summer associate program.
University of Utah, S. J. Quinney College of Law - J.D. (2002)
- William H. Leary Scholar
- Senior Staff, Utah Law Review
- Executive Editor, Journal of Law & Family Studies
Brigham Young University - B.A., English (1998)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Associate, Salt Lake City office, Snell & Wilmer
- Law Clerk, Hon. Paul G. Cassell, United States District Court, District of Utah
- Law Clerk, Hon. Anthony W. Schofield, Utah Fourth District Court
- Utah State Bar: Litigation and Real Property Sections; Young Lawyers Division, Executive Committee; Utah Bar Journal, Editorial Staff
- American Inns of Court, Aldon J. Anderson Inn
- Advisory Committee on the Local Rules for the District of Utah
- Named in Mountain States Super Lawyers Rising Stars and Utah Business magazine's "Legal Elite"
- "Breathing Life into Aurora Credit Services Inc. v. Liberty West Development, Inc.: Utah's Close Corporation Exception to the Derivative Lawsuit Requirement," 2002 Utah Law Rev. 519
- "United States v. Morrison: Constitutional Limits on Federal Authority to Remedy Gender-Based Violent Crime," 3 J.L. & Fam. Stud. 189 (2001)
- Durham Jones & Pinegar Appoints Section Chairs and Committee Leaders
- Twenty-Five Durham Jones & Pinegar Attorneys Recognized as Super Lawyers
- Thirty Eight Durham Jones & Pinegar Attorneys Named as Utah’s 2012 "Legal Elite”
- Durham Jones & Pinegar Appoints Three New Shareholders
- Forty Durham Jones & Pinegar Attorneys Named as Utah's 2011 "Legal Elite"
- Thirty-two DJP Attorneys Included on Utah Business Magazine's 2010 List of "Utah's Legal Elite"
- Attorney Peter Donaldson Joins DJP
- Twenty-four DJP Attorneys Are Listed in the 2009 Edition of Mt. States Super Lawyers Magazine