C. Parkinson Lloyd
C. Parkinson Lloyd is a Shareholder in the firm's Business & Finance Section. His practice focuses on general securities, corporate and transactional matters.
Mr. Lloyd has experience in the areas of public company representation, mergers, acquisitions, debt and equity financing transactions, corporate governance, entity formation, corporate finance, governmental investigations, executive compensation, securities disclosure, shareholder and LLC member meeting, strategic planning, and securities law compliance.
With respect to his public company clients, Mr. Lloyd assists in such matters as:
- Preparation and filing of periodic reports, including annual, quarterly, and interim current reports;
- Preparation and filing of proxy and information statement materials;
- Preparation and filing of registration statements under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934;
- Initial public offering (IPO) registration statements;
- Responding to comments and inquiries from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission;
- Shareholder meetings and proxy statements;
- Requests for confidential treatment of documents filed publicly; and
- Primary and secondary offerings of securities.
With respect to privately held clients, Mr. Lloyd has been involved with numerous private placements of securities, including common stock, preferred stock, debt instruments, and limited liability company interests. He has assisted with entity formation, strategic planning, acquisitions of businesses, mergers and preparation for becoming a publicly reporting company with the SEC.
Mr. Lloyd joined the Durham Jones & Pinegar in 1999. Following graduation from law school in 1994, he served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable J. Thomas Greene, Federal District Judge. He also worked for a litigation boutique firm (1995-1997) and the local office of a national law firm (1997-1999), where he worked in the Business & Finance and Real Estate Departments.
Post-graduate studies in English and European community law
University of Utah, S. J. Quinney College of Law - J.D. (1994)
- Order of the Coif
- Executive Editor, Utah Law Review
- Comment Editor, The Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy
- Teaching Assistant, Legal Writing Program
University of Utah - B.A., Music; Minor: French, magna cum laude (1990)
- Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Kappa Phi
- Law Clerk, Honorable J. Thomas Greene, U.S. District Court for the District of Utah (1994-1995)
- Board of Directors, Granite Education Foundation
- Master of the Bench, Aldon J. Anderson American Inn of Court
- Member, Business Law Section, American Bar Association
- Volunteer Leader, Boy Scouts of America (2006-present)
- Officer, Business Law Section, Utah State Bar (2002-2005)
- Member, American Bar Association (1994-present)
- "Ethical Issues in Business Law," Business Law Section, Utah Bar Association, December 2003
- "The SEC's New Form D: Electronic Filing - Requirements and Procedures," In-house Presentation, March 2009