A. Howard Lundgren
Mr. Lundgren joined Durham Jones & Pinegar in April 2007. He is the Chair of the firm's Family Law Section. His practice has concentrated on family law, divorce, custody, and related matters for more than 25 years. He also represents individuals in criminal matters in courts of the state of Utah. Mr. Lundgren maintains an "AV" rating with Martindale/Hubbell, which is the highest rating awarded to attorneys for professional competence and ethics. He has been a frequent presenter at family law seminars sponsored by the Utah State Bar Family Law Section and Utah Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
Gonzaga University - J.D. (1979)
University of Utah - B.S. (1974)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, Utah Business magazine's "Legal Elite" and Mountain States Super Lawyers
- Board of Trustees, Utah Legal Services, Inc. (2002-present)
- Member, Executive Committee, Utah State Bar Family Law Section (2000-2005)
- ACLU of Utah Adam M. Duncan Award (1998)
- Board of Trustees, Listeners Community Radio of Utah (KRCL 90.9 FM) (1984-2002); Chair (1990-1993); Counsel to the Board and Member of the Executive Committee (1995-2002)
- Reginald Heber Smith Community Law Fellowship (1979-1981)
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Thiele v. Anderson, 975 P.2d 481 (1999 Utah Ct. App) (action for extraordinary relief where trial judge voided a voluntary notice of dismissal of an uncontested adoption proceeding)
- Dansie v. Hi-Country Estates Homeowners Association, 987 P.2d 30 (UT Sup. Ct. 1999) (action to enforce covenants and assessments against adjoining landowner)
- Turner v. Hi-Country Estates Homeowners Association, 910 P.2d 1223 (UT Sup. Ct. 1996) (action to enforce certificate of incorporation, bylaws and protective covenants of homeowners association as contract with member/property owner)
- Taylor v. Hansen, 958 P.2d 923 (Utah Ct. App 1998) (action to collect child care expenses from former spouse and to void award of attorneys fees against counsel for wife)
- Jane L., et al. v. Bangerter as Governor of the State of Utah, 828 F.Supp 1544 (D. Utah 1993), 61 F.3d 1505 (10th Cir. 1995) (plaintiff's counsel regarding Utah's abortion statute)
- Durham Jones & Pinegar Named Leading Firm in Utah
- Twenty-Five Durham Jones & Pinegar Attorneys Recognized as Super Lawyers
- Thirty Eight Durham Jones & Pinegar Attorneys Named as Utah’s 2012 "Legal Elite”
- Fifteen Durham Jones & Pinegar Attorneys Recognized as Best Lawyers by U.S. News and World Report
- Five Durham Jones and Pinegar Attorneys Named in Super Lawyers Top 75
- Forty Durham Jones & Pinegar Attorneys Named as Utah's 2011 "Legal Elite"
- Thirty-two DJP Attorneys Included on Utah Business Magazine's 2010 List of "Utah's Legal Elite"
- Nine DJP Attorneys Are Among the Best Lawyers in America 2010
- Twenty-four DJP Attorneys Are Listed in the 2009 Edition of Mt. States Super Lawyers Magazine
- Thirty-one DJP Attorneys Included on Utah Business Magazine's 2009 List of "Utah's Legal Elite"
- Nine DJP Attorneys Are "Best Lawyers in America" for 2009