Elisabeth Smith is an associate in the Salt Lake City office’s Business and Finance section. Ms. Smith works on a wide variety of corporate and securities law matters, including mergers and acquisitions, offerings of debt and equity securities, corporate governance, and general matters of business and finance law.
Ms. Smith also worked as an attorney and administrator in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ Governor’s Office and in the Departments of Labor and Workforce Development, where she counseled elected officials on issues related to labor and employment laws, including employment discrimination, workers compensation, unemployment compensation, and wage and hour laws.
Most recently, Ms. Smith taught contracts and legal writing as a part-time faculty member at Boston University School of Law.
Admitted only in Massachusetts, not yet admitted in Utah.
Boston University School of Law - J.D., magna cum laude (1999)
- Paul J. Liacos Distinguished Scholar
- Executive Editor, Public Interest Law Journal
Utah State University - M.S., Political Economics (1996)
Utah State University - B.A., Economics, summa cum laude (1994)
- Part-time Faculty and Lecturer in Law, Boston University School of Law (2006-2011)
- Deputy General Counsel, Departments of Labor and Workforce Development (2004-2006)
- Chief of Staff, Office of Legislative Affairs, Commonwealth of Massachusetts (2003-2004)
- Associate, Goodwin Procter LLP (1999-2002)
- Associate Director, First Year Writing Program, Boston University School of Law, (2006-2008)