Opportunities for Attorneys
At D|J|P, much of the firm’s growth has come through laterals who were looking for the unique blend of work, professional development, environment, and collegiality that D|J|P offers.
We are always looking to bring in highly qualified attorneys with strong practices and an interest in a challenging and rewarding professional atmosphere. Although we typically focus on building our existing practice areas, we will also consider complementary practice areas and take into consideration the caliber of the attorney.
Our hiring standards are among the highest in the markets in which we practice. We typically require top 15 percent graduation from a top 50 or better law school, law review experience, and a team-oriented personality. Judicial clerkships are encouraged. In addition, we look for exceptional legal ability, a strong productivity record, and earned respect among peers and clients. A good book of business is highly desirable and/or required, unless we have an existing need in a particular area of practice.
- Billable hour requirements:
1800 – Shareholders
1850 – Associates
- Partnership track: 7 years
- Billable hour credit is available for pro bono work
- The firm will consider reimbursing for relocation-related expenses
- All attorneys are given an allowance to be used for CLE, client development, cell phone, bar dues, and other appropriate business expenses
- Associate and Shareholder bonus plans
- Comfortable, supportive working environment/camaraderie among employees
- D|J|P provides resources to employees to help them do the best job possible
Employees are eligible for the following benefits on the first day of the month following 30 days of employment and working a minimum of 30 hours per week:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending/Cafeteria Plan (pre-tax option for health care and child care)