W. Waldan Lloyd
Salt Lake City
Mr. Lloyd has more than 35-years of experience assisting clients on the design and operation of all forms of retirement and welfare plans, including 401(k) plans, ESOPs and VEBAs, with plan sizes ranging from those for individuals as well as those covering tens of thousands of employees. His practice includes advising on ERISA compliance matters and helping plan trustees and fiduciaries in connection with plan transactions. He regularly represents and assists clients whose benefit plans are under audit by the Internal Revenue Service or are being investigated by the Department of Labor. He has defended plan fiduciaries accused of fiduciary breaches and represented plan participants in connection with claims against fiduciaries for violations of ERISA.
Mr. Lloyd is a frequent lecturer and presenter on pension and welfare benefit plan-related issues, and, in addition to his many ABA activities, is an active member of a number of national, regional and local employment, labor, benefits and tax associations.
University of Utah – B.A. (1971)
University of Utah – J.D. (1974)
All State and Federal Courts in Utah
Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
United States Tax Court
- American Bar Association (Immediate Past Chair, ABA Section of Taxation – Employee Benefits Committee; Former Chair – ESOP Sub-Committee)
- American Bar Association – Joint Committee on Employee Benefits Technical Sessions Sub-Committee (Former Chair)
- American Bar Association – ABA Section of Labor
- American College of Employee Benefits Counsel (Charter Fellow)
- Western Pension and Benefits Conference (SLC Chapter Former Chair)
- Pacific Coast Area TE/GE Council (Former Chair)