Michael S. Malmborg
Michael S. Malmborg is a shareholder of Durham Jones & Pinegar and a member of the firm’s Trust, Wills and Estate Planning and Litigation sections.
Mr. Malmborg has extensive experience representing clients with respect to tax and estate planning, asset transfer and preservation planning, probate, trust, and estate administration, guardianship, and business administration, succession, and transfer planning. Mr. Malmborg represents individuals, families, business owners, charitable foundations, and business entities in a wide variety of complex legal matters.
Mr. Malmborg also has experience representing clients in business and contract disputes, probate litigation, real estate litigation (including boundary disputes and foreclosure), collections, mechanic’s liens, and landlord/tenant disputes, in both state and federal courts.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Malmborg served as a law clerk to Associate Chief Justice Michael J. Wilkins of the Utah Supreme Court.
Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School – J.D., magna cum laude (2006)
Weber State University – B.S., Accounting, summa cum laude (2003)
- Recipient, Goddard Scholar Award
All State and Federal Courts in Utah
- Judicial Clerk, Associate Chief Justice Michael J. Wilkins, Utah Supreme Court
- Board Member, Ogden Symphony Ballet Association Foundation (2015-Present)
- Named in Utah Business magazine’s “Legal Elite” (2014, 2015)
- Member of the Estate Planning Section of the Utah State Bar (2006-Present)
- Board Member, Ogden Valley Land Trust (2015-Present)
- President, Weber County Bar Association (2013-2014)
- Board Member, Estate Planning Council of Weber/Davis (EPCOWD) (2011-Present)
- Member, Probate Legislative Commitee (2011-Present)
- Judge Pro Tem, Weber and Davis County (2011-Present)
- Named as a Mountain States Super Lawyers “Rising Star”
- Member, Utah State Bar (2006-Present)
- Member, Weber County Bar Association (2006-Present)