Michael D. Rawlins
Michael D. Rawlins enjoys a diverse commercial litigation practice, including corporate litigation, construction litigation, real estate litigation, intellectual property litigation, contract disputes, and partnership disputes. He also represents creditors and landlords in bankruptcy proceedings. Mr. Rawlins is a member of the firm’s Board of Directors and serves as the Managing Attorney of the Las Vegas office.
Mr. Rawlins serves as a District Court Judge, Pro Tempore, presiding over cases in the short-trial program. He also volunteers for the Children’s Attorneys Project, representing abused and neglected children in court proceedings.
Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School – J.D., magna cum laude (1994)
- Order of the Coif
- Managing Editor, Brigham Young University Law Review
Brigham Young University – B.A., Finance, with honors (1991)
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
United States District Court, District of Nevada
United States District Court, District of Utah
- Legal Elite – Nevada 2016
- Clark County Bar Association
- State Bar of Nevada
- Utah State Bar
- Clark County District Judge Pro Tempore
- Children’s Attorneys Project
- “Taxation, Equal Protection and Inquiry into the Purpose of a Law: Nordinger v. Hahn and Allegheny Pittsburgh Coal Co. v. County Commission,” 1993 BYU Law Review 1001.
- Defended publishing company and its management from suit brought by minority owner alleging breach of fiduciary duties and minority member oppression
- Defended telecommunications company and its management from suit brought by minority shareholders seeking receivership
- Defended high-tech start-up entrepreneur from claims brought by former employer alleging trade secret misappropriation
- Defended a national shopping center developer in a partnership dispute relating to a prominent Las Vegas Strip luxury mall. The case involved claims of securities fraud, RICO, and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented a major Las Vegas resort and its parent company in litigation to enforce a purchase and sale agreement of an operating property when the sale of the property fell through.
- Prosecuted a trademark infringement action to protect one of Las Vegas’s most famous trademarks.
- Represented Clark County in construction litigation on a major public construction project and in inverse condemnation proceedings relating to McCarran Airport.
- Regularly represents numerous large and small shopping centers in landlord/tenant, construction and mechanic’s lien disputes.