Jonathan H. Hoagland
Salt Lake City
Jonathan H. Hoagland is a shareholder in the firm’s Salt Lake City office and a member of the firm’s Estate Planning and Tax Sections.
Mr. Hoagland represents clients with respect to estate, transfer tax, and asset preservation planning, probate, estate, and trust administration matters, charitable giving and family gift planning, and sophisticated business, succession, and tax planning matters.
Prior to joining the firm in January 2014, Mr. Hoagland worked in the Boca Raton, Florida office of Proskauer Rose LLP and the Chicago office of Jenner & Block LLP. He represented current and former Fortune 500 executives and officers on their various estate planning matters, and continues to represent high net worth executives, entrepreneurs, and multi-generation families.
University of Florida, Levin College of Law – LL.M, Taxation (2012)
- Research Assistant, Professor Lawrence Lokken
J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University – J.D. (2009)
- Managing Editor, BYU Journal of Public Law
Brigham Young University – MS, Information Systems Management (2000)
Brigham Young University – BS, Accounting (1999)
- Personal Planning Practice Associate, Proskauer Rose LLP (2012-2014)
- Private Client Practice Associate, Jenner & Block LLP (2009-2011)
- Senior Consultant, BearingPoint, Inc. (2002-2006)
- Consultant, Arthur Anderson, LLP (2000-2002)
- Admitted to the Utah State Bar (2014), the Florida Bar (2012) and the Illinois State Bar (2009).
- Member, Estate Planning Law and Tax Sections of the Utah State Bar
- Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Member, J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Former Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, serving in Porto Alegre, Brazil.
- Wealth Management Update, Proskauer Rose LLP newsletter (September 2013)
- Fixing Broken Estate Plans, Utah State Bar, Fall Forum (November 2017)
- Fixing Broken Estate Plans, Salt Lake Estate Planning Council, 2017 Fall Institute (November 2017)
- Managing Aging Parent’s Estates and End of Life Decisions, Utah Petroleum Marketers and Retailers Association, Annual Convention (September 2017)
- Planning for Estates under $10 Million, National Planned Giving Council Conference sponsored by LDS Philanthropies (November 2015)
- Estate Planning in the Post ATRA 2012 World: Portability and Income Tax Issues, Utah State Bar, Convention (August 2015)
- Transitioning Your Company to the Next Level, U.S. Bank and D|J|P seminar (May 2015)
- Taxation of Special Needs Trusts, National Business Institute (March 2015)
- Asset Protection and the Revised Utah domestic Asset Protection Trust Statute (November 2014)
- Asset Protection and its Application to Real Estate (November 2014)
- Estate Planning and Tax Update (July 2013)